Authentic Mexican Food
Most of the time, when we think of Mexican food or Mexican restaurants in America we think of a few ingredients cooked in essentially the same spices and seasonings and wrapped in a flour or corn tortilla or served with chips. Not so at Plaza Tolteca in California, Maryland! When we say “authentic Mexican food,” we mean it.
Our food is reminiscent of the street food sold off of carts and in small cantinas throughout Mexico, including fresh corn chips and tortillas, local vegetables and spices, and a variety of meats and seafood served hot with different seasonings and sides that reflect the country’s regional differences.
Our restaurant serves a variety of traditional Mexican dishes for lunch and dinner – some that will be familiar to you, and others you may never have tried before. Some of our authentic Mexican food choices include:
• Arrachera, a long-marinated beef steak served with guacamole salad
• Chicken with homemade mole sauce – a brown, medium-spiced gravy
• Enchiladas with poblanas sauce – a sauce made with spices and chocolate
• Chili verde con carne – a stew-like mixture of pork and hot green salsa
• Chalupas, with your choice of filling
• A variety of street food, including La Ginga with carne asada, al pastor, and chorizo with vegetables and spices
Our goal is to make the best, authentic Mexican food in the California, Maryland area, serving both your reliable favorites, such as tacos and burritos, as well as some traditional dishes that may become your new favorites!
In California, Maryland, stop by for lunch or dinner or give us a call to discuss how we can host your next business meeting, party, or other special event in our large banquet room!